Super Bowl

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
dpnoll

Super Bowl

Post by dpnoll »

I sure hope everyone is staying home and watching the game so that I have the streams to myself Sunday.

brntrout

Re: Super Bowl

Post by brntrout »

It should be a good game. Since the game doesn't start until 5:30 It should give anglers plenty of time to get some fishing in before the game starts. With the high projected to be near 40 with light winds its a sure bet trout and invert activity will be good, making for good to excellent fishing. ;)

dpnoll

Post by dpnoll »

Darn, late start means more competition.

TFO5wt

Post by TFO5wt »

Fishing Sunday was my plan as well. Forecast has changed that. It’s looks like it’s only going to get a couple degrees below freezing Saturday night. With projected highs into the low 40s seems like a recipe for snow melt to bring on lock jaw. I’m going to smoke a brisket and wait for a better forecast.
Simply put, people fish because it's fun

dpnoll

Post by dpnoll »

I think Monday will be better but I'm still going out for a couple of hours on Sunday. Can't catch a trout if your fly isn't in the water.

TaG

Post by TaG »

Sunday is my only choice, lock jaw or not I will be out.
Go Chiefs

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

I just checked the NOAA forecast for Sunday, mostly sunny with a high of 41 with 8 MPH winds. Generally speaking it takes awhile before runoff kicks in. Under the current forecast scenario I would think it would be around 2 pm maybe later. On the other hand that all depends on what the low is Saturday night which is forecast to be around 30 degrees.

Actually, Saturday appears to be the best day to fish without any chance of runoff as the high is only suppose to be 34 but it will be party sunny with 8 mph winds making fishing comfortable. For this time of year those are decent weather forecasts for winter fishing.