Anyone get out fishing today?

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
brntrout

Anyone get out fishing today?

Post by brntrout »

Just curious if anyone got out and wondering how they did today. I was watching kids wrestling and girls basketball. It would have been nice to get out fishing, BUT! Maybe I'll get out the next warm spell?

Randy
Site Admin

Re: Anyone get out fishing today?

Post by Randy »

Yep! I got out w/ a couple friends from about 10:30-3pm. It was nice to wander outside with the sun shining for a change.

Water temp was 41-42 when I measured first thing and again in the afternoon. Plenty of midges, some risers, and catching was a little above average for winter fishing. Caught fish on an assortment of nymphs, but size 16 midge larva and green perdigon performed the best. Others on size 18 PT, hares ear, and a size 18 black stone/prince'ish fly I like to tie

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

I talked with friend of mine this morning, he got out yesterday and fished a popular stream south of I-90. He said he caught a fair number of trout on orange scuds and a midge larva trailer. Most fish were caught on the orange scud but the midge larva caught quite a few too! His largest fish was 16 inches but it was a little on the skinny side he thought.

TaG

Post by TaG »

The fish we caught were on the skinny side as well.
If anyone comes across a black/w yellow trim Dr Slick flybox on the Southfork give me a shout. I am sure it is halfway to the Mississippi by now.