Boots?

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
mwinkels

Boots?

Post by mwinkels » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:12 pm

What do you use to keep your feet warm?

I am looking at purchasing a pair of Bunny Boots. I am thinking if I go this route I could use them for hunting and as a wading boot.

Thoughts?

jedwuuba

Post by jedwuuba » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:23 pm

I use some boots from old navy which I got for under $10. I have used them at least 40 times so they are easily the best value I've ever heard of. I will have to retire them soon though; the soles are soft and I've put quite a few miles on them. I've had my eyes on a few different pairs but would rather buy gear than boots right now
Cast. Catch. Release. Repeat.

jedwuuba

Re: Boots?

Post by jedwuuba » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:27 pm

I forgot to say that they are made of cheap synthetic leather which dries out quick and has taken quite the beating. Because they are so cheap, they are extremely light which makes a huge difference on a long day. I'm impressed they actually work. They are a size big so they fit over my 5mm neoprene winter waders with a pair of wool socks on as well. Wish I would have bought multiple pairs...
Cast. Catch. Release. Repeat.

jrs

Re: Boots?

Post by jrs » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Don't really have any great input for you Mark. For snow shoveling and general outdoor wear, I have a very old pair of Sorels that I use. They are plenty warm, but not that comfortable for hiking. For fishing, I use my regular (rubber soled) wading boots with stocking foot waders. I also have a pair of knee high rubber boots that I use on occasion, but I've got a bad habit of going to one knee to release fish which doesn't work well with the knee highs in winter.