What type of Flyfisherman are you??

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
Randy
Site Admin

Re: What type of Flyfisherman are you??

Post by Randy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Weird article. I'm glad that guy got it out of his system, he's probably better off for it.

Cast to your own riffle, however that may be.

S.T.Fanatic

Post by S.T.Fanatic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 am

X2
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold

mcktrout

Post by mcktrout » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am

IMO, the article is meant to be humorous.

The humor comes from exaggerating the little things most of us do.

For example, I am far from an expert on bugs.

But when a non-fly fisherman asks, “How’s fishin’?” and I answer with BWO and caddis are …

They react like I am a true ‘Bug Nerd’ because they have no idea what a BWO is and to them it’s just a little weird.

Someday I’ll learn to just say fishin’ is good.

S.T.Fanatic

Post by S.T.Fanatic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:59 am

My answer is always "it's been a bit slow"
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold

brntrout

Post by brntrout » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 am

I usually just tell the truth about how fishing is, and if I can help someone catch a few extra fish because i gave them some insight into what the fish are feeding on or even give then a few flies so much the better. Why not help someone, after all its fishing not treasure hunting! Besides, its a good way to meet people and develop new friends.