Stream Conditions

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
brntrout

Stream Conditions

Post by brntrout »

With the recent rain stream conditions will probably vary from fish-able to off color and slightly high. I would say most streams will be in some sort of fish-able condition by the weekend except possibly the largest streams/rivers. I'm thinking our spring caddis hatches are not quite done yet but probably will be some time late next week depending on the streams one fishes.

High Stick

Re: Stream Conditions

Post by High Stick »

There was a weather/rainfall link posted on this site last year that was pretty neat - zoom in capabilities and showed rainfall totals from anywhere from a day to the last three months. I don't have it bookmarked. Anyone have it or one that I am describing?

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

This probably not what your referring too but it does show what we got for rain recently.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.ph ... roduct=PNS

Randy
Site Admin

Post by Randy »

kketchmark

Post by kketchmark »

I like to use the riverflows.net application on my phone. You can create a list of favorites, Don't have all the rivers but it does have some of the major rivers.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190509-123806_riverflowsnet.jpg

S.T.Fanatic

Post by S.T.Fanatic »

From what I saw this morning (WW system and Garvin Brook) Conditions will be good by the weekend and good right now.
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold

Cutthroat

Post by Cutthroat »

10 inches of snow up here...

jrs

Post by jrs »

Randy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 am
https://water.weather.gov/precip/
That's a good one. I've got specfic zoom and settings for 7 day precip bookmarked for wuick reference

https://water.weather.gov/precip/index. ... in=current

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

Stream conditions for the weekend should be good on short small streams but may be a little dirty on large ones like South Br Root. The larger the stream the more likely it will be less fish-able.

mjewen

Post by mjewen »

South Branch Root in the Forrestville area was clear on Saturday.