Stream reports?

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
harris

Re: Stream reports?

Post by harris »

Sure hope you’re right. Last year this stretch had what I would call an “old fashioned “ hatch of large numbers. Another stream in the same area had a temp of 57 last week without any sign of DH’s. Not a single nymph under rocks or fly in the air is worrisome.

High Stick

Post by High Stick »

It's gonna be caddis time in short order.

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

harris wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm
Sure hope you’re right. Last year this stretch had what I would call an “old fashioned “ hatch of large numbers. Another stream in the same area had a temp of 57 last week without any sign of DH’s. Not a single nymph under rocks or fly in the air is worrisome.
If you did not see any DH nymph's that is definitely a bad sign. Generally speaking it takes streams to get in the preferred temperature range for than a day or two before a hatch will kick in. All I can say, is streams that still have plenty of DH nymphs should have the hatch happen within the next 10 days if it stays warm enough to make it happen.