FISHING

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
dpnoll

FISHING

Post by dpnoll »

Looks like the weather is going to break this weekend. Anyone heading out fishing? I'm going to try N of I90 Saturday.

TFO5wt

Re: FISHING

Post by TFO5wt »

It's not even going to get above freezing until mid-afternoon Saturday. Going to be quite a of shelf ice and unfiahable water. I'm waiting for a warm up before I venture out again.
Simply put, people fish because it's fun

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

I did go by a few streams today in the Chatfield area and there is some shelve Ice. How wide spread the shelve ice is on other streams I could not say! Keep in mind the extreme cold will not leave the region until Friday some time. I would not be surprise if a lot of streams will still have shelve ice on them over the weekend. It is possible some of the smaller streams that have a lot springs feeding them might be alright for fishing, but I'm only guessing!
Last edited by brntrout on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

trouts

Post by trouts »

I'm going to let it warm up and clear things out before I get out again. I know of some open water, but several streams up here are almost completely locked up in certain sections.