Tiger Trout

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
TeamZissou

Tiger Trout

Post by TeamZissou »

Caught this beautiful and decent sized Tiger Trout yesterday. My first one! Thought I would share. How frequently does anybody on this board catch Tiger Trout?

Surfrats

Re: Tiger Trout

Post by Surfrats »

That is an awesome looking fish.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jrs

Post by jrs »

That is a very nice Tiger.

I was fortunate to catch a nice sized Tiger a couple years ago. But that was one of few for me.

To catch them regularly you need to target water where there are browns and brookies as they are are a sterile brookies / brown hybrid.

trouts

Post by trouts »

Thats a great fish. I was lucky enough to catch two in the same season, but haven't caught one since.

It seems like there are more tigers being caught over the last 2 seasons. Wonder if there is just more of them or if its just correlated to the increase in anglers.

jrs

Post by jrs »

trouts wrote:Thats a great fish. I was lucky enough to catch two in the same season, but haven't caught one since.

It seems like there are more tigers being caught over the last 2 seasons. Wonder if there is just more of them or if its just correlated to the increase in anglers.
May be related to DNR brookies initiatives.

trouts

Post by trouts »

I was also thinking it might have been from the increased focus on brookies and restoration of brookie water. Either way it nice to see more of them being caught. Beautiful fish!

Troutchaser

Post by Troutchaser »

Nice fish - a bit jealous inasmuch as I had a client catch one a few years back, but I have yet to connect.

teach

Post by teach »

Great fish, even better photo!
http://www.flowstonefishing.com - Spinning lures handcrafted right here in the Minnesota Driftless!

Cutthroat

Post by Cutthroat »

I caught a 10-inch tiger on a stream south of I-90 a few years ago. It was my first, and the only one I've ever seen. As I only get down there once a year (for maybe three days), I was pretty lucky.

mark p

Post by mark p »

I've caught 3 in my life, but I caught all of them over 30 years ago in Houston County.