Fishing report 10/26

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE

Postby Winonarich » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Fished a state park south of 90 today, and I could not have wished for a better day. There was a consistent Baetis hatch which came off from 1 to 3 PM. Fish were rising in all of the suspect places, particularly in the head of riffled water. There did not seem to be many risers in the long slow pools, which I took to mean that few of the emergers were making it past the riffles. The biggest adjustment I had to make today was the low light conditions caused by the cloudy skies and the low sun angle. As I said fish were aggressive and came readily to small drys. Fish were all healthy and fat, caught several in the 14-16 inch range. Nice to be able to fish on a year round basis, thanks to the DNR, and I look forward to several more trips.

Tight Lines,

Rich
Winonarich Offline

Postby jrs » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks Rich. I've also had some good fishing since the 15th.

Baetis hatches have been pretty reliable 1-3 pm. Lots of redd's out there many with fish on them. Fun to watch, but also need to keep on eye on where you're wading.

I got this 18"-19" brown yesterday on a nymph after the baetis hatch had dwindled.Image

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
jrs Offline

Postby S.T.Fanatic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Nice fish!!
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold
S.T.Fanatic Offline

Location: I live where dipshit says I do every chance he gets.

Return to General Board