Fishing report 10/26

General trout, fishing, conservation, or anything outdoors related discussion. Trip reports and stream conditions welcome, but please do not name streams.
POLITICAL FREE ZONE
Winonarich

Fishing report 10/26

Post by Winonarich » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Fished a state park south of 90 today, and I could not have wished for a better day. There was a consistent Baetis hatch which came off from 1 to 3 PM. Fish were rising in all of the suspect places, particularly in the head of riffled water. There did not seem to be many risers in the long slow pools, which I took to mean that few of the emergers were making it past the riffles. The biggest adjustment I had to make today was the low light conditions caused by the cloudy skies and the low sun angle. As I said fish were aggressive and came readily to small drys. Fish were all healthy and fat, caught several in the 14-16 inch range. Nice to be able to fish on a year round basis, thanks to the DNR, and I look forward to several more trips.

Tight Lines,

Rich

jrs

Re: Fishing report 10/26

Post by jrs » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks Rich. I've also had some good fishing since the 15th.

Baetis hatches have been pretty reliable 1-3 pm. Lots of redd's out there many with fish on them. Fun to watch, but also need to keep on eye on where you're wading.

I got this 18"-19" brown yesterday on a nymph after the baetis hatch had dwindled.Image

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

S.T.Fanatic
Location: I live where dipshit says I do every chance he gets.

Post by S.T.Fanatic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Nice fish!!
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold