SEMN Environmental News

The latest conservation news, issues, or concerns in our backyard, city, state, or country.
S.T.Fanatic

Re: SEMN Environmental News

Post by S.T.Fanatic »

I wouldn't suggest it get replaced with anything. What I was suggesting is that we don't add more hydro. I personally would keep burning coal until it is gone. If there isn't enough energy, POWER COMPANIES should raise their prices (NOT ADDING GOVERNMENT TAXES FOR ELECTRICITY) enough to actually get people to reduce consumption. I would also be perfectly fine with the "switch getting flipped" at a reasonable time.

IN the end none of it is going to matter and we will all feel really foolish when Jesus comes back.

Have a great weekend
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

Cam,

I'm 100% sure there will be no flipping of the switch for obvious reasons!

The reason we have a lot of problems we have today environmentally is because investors want to use up old technologies first before they move on to new technologies. Example: do you really think the oil industry supports moving away from combustion engines? You can be rest assured the same thing will happen with coal at least for awhile longer anyway!

High Stick

Post by High Stick »

Coal is dead. The bankruptcy filings in Wyoming are falling like dominoes. To show the desperation in that state, read this nonsense: https://trib.com/business/energy/bill-t ... a657f.html

TFO5wt

Post by TFO5wt »

If you made it up, no one would believe you.
Simply put, people fish because it's fun

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

I don't know if coal is totally dead, but if its headed that way, that would be great for sure!

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

Here is another article on coal usage and the need to move away from it as fast as we can.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/24/clim ... rming.html

High Stick

Post by High Stick »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wyoming-ma ... 1581782401

Wyoming is in a panic, as they should be. Many states have shifted away and others will follow suit.

S.T.Fanatic

Post by S.T.Fanatic »

If it was only up to us. It isn't about making electricity, it's about making money. We all know this.
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold

brntrout

Post by brntrout »

S.T.Fanatic wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:11 am
If it was only up to us. It isn't about making electricity, it's about making money. We all know this.

Its been proven most people will do anything for money and lot of it isn't good! :( I