Feedlot Public Meeting TONIGHT (10/16) in Lewiston

The latest conservation news, issues, or concerns in our backyard, city, state, or country.
S.T.Fanatic
Location: I live where dipshit says I do every chance he gets.

Re: Feedlot Public Meeting TONIGHT (10/16) in Lewiston

Post by S.T.Fanatic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm

None of it matters. There is no way that the County is going to allow the expansion. (at least not what is/was originally asked of)

I'd tell them to put in a Bioreactor (device that separates liquids from solids and burns off the methane creating electricity in the process and makes for much better fertilizer) as well as collect the storm water from the setups roof tops and farm away.

There is several acres of roof tops close together. A one inch rain fall produces well over 25,000 gallons of water per acre. We average easily over 25" of rain per year with an assumed increase in the future. That'well over a half million gallons of storm water per acre provided its captured.

There is always a way to go about something with very little if any environmental impact. With the way that the government gives out money or cost shares for ag it wouldn't be cost prohibitive.
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold

brntrout

Post by brntrout » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm

S.T.Fanatic wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm
None of it matters. There is no way that the County is going to allow the expansion. (at least not what is/was originally asked of)

I'd tell them to put in a Bioreactor (device that separates liquids from solids and burns off the methane creating electricity in the process and makes for much better fertilizer) as well as collect the storm water from the setups roof tops and farm away.

There is several acres of roof tops close together. A one inch rain fall produces well over 25,000 gallons of water per acre. We average easily over 25" of rain per year with an assumed increase in the future. That'well over a half million gallons of storm water per acre provided its captured.

There is always a way to go about something with very little if any environmental impact. With the way that the government gives out money or cost shares for ag it wouldn't be cost prohibitive.
I guess I have not followed this story close enough. What is left for the farmer to do in order to get his expansion approved?
Cam, I get the feeling from what you said, the County Board of Commissioner have yet to approved this proposed expansion?

S.T.Fanatic
Location: I live where dipshit says I do every chance he gets.

Post by S.T.Fanatic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 pm

brntrout wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm
S.T.Fanatic wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm

I guess I have not followed this story close enough. What is left for the farmer to do in order to get his expansion approved?
Cam, I get the feeling from what you said, the County Board of Commissioner have yet to approved this proposed expansion?
Under the table payment? I cant see that the county is going to allow it but what do I know. They were able to expand in the past due to a variance I dont see them getting one again but time will tell.

As far as I know they county hasnt ruled on the issue yet.
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold