Hog Feed Lot Proposal

The latest conservation news, issues, or concerns in our backyard, city, state, or country.

Postby High Stick » Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 am

High Stick Offline

Postby brntrout » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Sounds like a good plan to me. After all, the only potential problems are minimal like, karst features, numerous sink holes, numerous springs, numerous tributaries to trout streams and at least two maybe three designated trout streams themselves that the pig crap will end up in ? I forgot none of other residents close by should fear that their wells will end up getting polluted either! I'm surprised the MPCA hasn't approved the plan already, its sure to be a money maker, and drive the economy to new heights! :(
brntrout Offline

Postby High Stick » Tue May 22, 2018 7:19 am

High Stick Offline

Postby brntrout » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:59 am

If this project is given the ok to proceed by the MPCA then IMO there is no justification for an environmental review process?
brntrout Offline

Postby S.T.Fanatic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:31 am

I understand the threat but... Every hog operation I know at least injects the manure, that's a lot more than what MOST dairy farmers can say. Hog farms are no rarity in my area. Sure they stink but so do the Obamas.
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold
S.T.Fanatic Offline

Location: I live where dipshit says I do every chance he gets.

Postby jrs » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:23 am

You're entitled to your opinion, but the last part of your comment was uncalled for and inappropriate.

S.T.Fanatic wrote: ... Sure they stink but so do the Obamas.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
jrs Offline

Postby S.T.Fanatic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:12 pm

jrs wrote:You're entitled to your opinion, but the last part of your comment was uncalled for and inappropriate.

S.T.Fanatic wrote: ... Sure they stink but so do the Obamas.

Yup and thats what almost every media outlet is doing to the Trumps. The double standard is appalling.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
“What more delightful avocation than to take a piece of land and by cautious experimentation to prove how it works. What more substantial service to conservation than to practice it on one's own land?” Aldo Leopold
S.T.Fanatic Offline

Location: I live where dipshit says I do every chance he gets.

Postby WhiteGlovedHowdy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Speaking of hog operations, my dad always told me "never wrestle with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig likes it."
WhiteGlovedHowdy Offline

Postby brntrout » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:48 am

WhiteGlovedHowdy wrote:Speaking of hog operations, my dad always told me "never wrestle with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig likes it."

True words of wisdom! :lol:
brntrout Offline

Return to Conservation News & Action Alerts